17.10.10

Guest Post: Turn Your I Can’t To I Can...

During the fourth watch of the night, Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear. But Jesus immediately said to them: Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." "Lord, if it's you, Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water." "Come," he said." Matthew 14: 25-29
Jesus Walks on Water

If you have been visiting the SITSGIRLS site, you'd know that for the last several weeks, we have been actively involved in the SITSGIRLS Tribe Building/Blog Support workshop assignments. We recently wrapped up phase one of the workshops and the teams will continue; the idea is to encourage others to join in and continue the work of team and blog building. Do join in.

One of the final assignments we had to do for phase one was to partner with another member of our animal themed Tribes and write a guest post for each other's blogs. Viviene Grace Vargas-Bigornia, a member of my Lamby Team; Single Mom & Inspirational Bloggers, has graciously agreed to partner with me and her guest post is below and mine is on her blog - Journey of a Woman. I’d like to say a big Thank You to my guest poster and blogger, Viviene, and to everyone on the Tribe building teams!

On another note, Friday was Blog Action Day 2010 and the focus was on water. Do take a moment to view the vimeo after Viviene's post as it reminds us powerfully that water is one of the most valuable resources we have on our planet. If we continue to misuse it and pollute it, we will leave a legacy of water scarcity and the accompanying horrors that could occur; disease, pollution, desertification,war and terrible strife.

Viviene's Post

Ok, it is time for some honesty here. This is my first guest post and to be TOTALLY honest… I am SO scared. A lot of thoughts come running in my mind and they were all negative. All of them boils down to… “You can’t do it, Viviene.”

For many years, I have believed that I can’t. I can’t sing. I can’t be beautiful. I can’t do anything. The list went on and on. But then along my journey in life, God made me realize that He is my greatest cheerleader. And like what He said in His Word, “Take courage!” He made me realize that with Him, I can.

I can sing praises to Him. I can (and I am) beautiful in His sight. I can do everything through Jesus who gives me strength. I can’t really say that I am now self-confident but I can say that now I have learned to be God-confident. He is my strength and my encouragement to live this life.

What are your “I can’ts”? Have you overcome them? What did you do to overcome them?

Blog Action Day 2010

Blog Action Day 2010: Water from Blog Action Day on Vimeo.


Viviene Grace Vargas-Bigornia chronicles her journey as a woman, wife and servant of God in her blog Journey of a Woman . She mainly shares about her faith and daily reflections in life. She just recently married and has narrated her wedding journey in another blog The Big Day: Albert and Viviene . She loves fashion, arts and crafts, performing arts, public speaking, travelling and blogging.

PHOTO CREDITS:
Photo of Jesus Walking On Water via  Gospel Art at Ids.Org

Until Next Time…
Ask. Believe. Receive. ©
Elizabeth Obih-Frank

16 comments:

  1. Thanks, Elizabeth!

    Visit my blog and read Elizabeth's post: www.journeyofawoman.wordpress.com

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you back!

    http://adventuresofathriftymommy.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following Bargain Mom. I was already following you!

    www.bargainmom.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. new follower... would love it if you follow me back... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very encouraging post! I love Viviene's phrase "I learned to be God-confident." Very powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi

    I'm a new follower from FMBT ...your blog is lovely...hope you can stop by and follow back at makeupthoughts.blogspot.com

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the follow :) Following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there. Following you back from http://soggyluckycharms.blogspot.com/
    Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to reading more of your blogs.! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that scripture.

    I am your new follower from Tuesday-Tag-Along.

    www.dailyorganizedchaos.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    This is Angela from Life With My Littles. I am following you through Family licious reviews, trailing Tuesday. Please follow me back!
    I have an Ergo baby carrier up on my blog right now (if you are interested).
    ~Angela
    http://lifewithmylittles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Wednesday! Following you from the hop! Looking forward to regularly reading your posts!

    KimD
    www.themomstandard.com
    www.thefrugalmrs.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for stopping by, following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post, it's very inspiring. I try to not say I can't because I know for sure if there's a will, there's a way. But of course, there's always a limit and I am learning when to stop when needed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment ... It is appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...